The Career Changers Limited Code of Conduct company policy outlines our expectations regarding employees’ behaviour towards their colleagues, supervisors and overall organization.
In the section Editorial Code of Conduct are outlined the principles we, as The Career Changers Limited, aim to follow in our Journalism practice.
The Career Changers Limited promotes freedom of expression and open communication. But we expect all employees to follow our code of conduct. They should avoid offending, participating in serious disputes and disrupting our workplace. We also expect them to foster a well-organized, respectful and collaborative environment.
Editorial Code of Conduct
Journalists, Editors, contributors and anyone else taking part in the content creation process at The Career Changers Limited will agree to follow the NUJ code of conduct:
- At all times upholds and defends the principle of media freedom, the right of freedom of expression and the right of the public to be informed.
- Strives to ensure that information disseminated is honestly conveyed, accurate and fair.
- Does her/his utmost to correct harmful inaccuracies.
- Differentiates between fact and opinion.
- Obtains material by honest, straightforward and open means, with the exception of investigations that are both overwhelmingly in the public interest and which involve evidence that cannot be obtained by straightforward means.
- Does nothing to intrude into anybody’s private life, grief or distress unless justified by overriding consideration of the public interest.
- Protects the identity of sources who supply information in confidence and material gathered in the course of her/his work.
- Resists threats or any other inducements to influence, distort or suppress information and takes no unfair personal advantage of information gained in the course of her/his duties before the information is public knowledge.
- Produces no material likely to lead to hatred or discrimination on the grounds of a person’s age, gender, race, colour, faith, legal status, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- Does not by way of statement, voice or appearance endorse by advertisement any commercial product or service save for the promotion of her/his own work or of the medium by which she/he is employed.
- A journalist shall normally seek the consent of an appropriate adult when interviewing or photographing a child for a story about her/his welfare.
- Avoids plagiarism.
This policy applies to all our employees regardless of employment agreement or rank.
What are the components of an Employee Code of Conduct Policy?
Company employees are bound by their contract to follow our Employee Code of Conduct while performing their duties. We outline the components of our Code of Conduct below:
Compliance with law
All employees must protect our company’s legality. They should comply with all environmental, safety and fair dealing laws. We expect employees to be ethical and responsible when dealing with our company’s finances, products, partnerships and public image.
Respect in the workplace
All employees should respect their colleagues. We won’t allow any kind of discriminatory behaviour, harassment or victimization. Employees should conform with our Inclusion and diversity policy of their work, from recruitment and performance evaluation to interpersonal relations.
Protection of Company Property
All employees should treat our company’s property, whether material or intangible, with respect and care.
- Shouldn’t misuse company equipment or use it frivolously.
- Should respect all kinds of incorporeal property. This includes trademarks, copyright and other property (information, reports etc.) Employees should use them only to complete their job duties.
Employees should protect company facilities and other material property from damage and vandalism, whenever possible.
All employees must show integrity and professionalism in the workplace:
We discourage employees from accepting gifts from clients or partners. We prohibit briberies for the benefit of any external or internal party.
- Job duties and authority
All employees should fulfill their job duties with integrity and respect toward customers, stakeholders and the community. Supervisors and managers mustn’t abuse their authority. We expect them to delegate duties to their team members taking into account their competences and workload. Likewise, we expect team members to follow team leaders’ instructions and complete their duties with skill and in a timely manner.
We encourage mentoring throughout our company.
- Absenteeism and tardiness
Although we promote flexible working schedule and remote working we expect employees to follow their schedules. We can make exceptions for occasions that prevent employees from following standard working hours or days. But, generally, we expect employees to be punctual when coming to and leaving from work or when working remotely.
- Conflict of interest
We expect employees to avoid any personal, financial or other interests that might hinder their capability or willingness to perform their job duties.
Employees should be friendly and collaborative. They should try not to disrupt the workplace or present obstacles to their colleagues’ work.
All employees must be open for communication with their colleagues, supervisors or team members.
We expect employees to not abuse their employment benefits. This can refer to time off, insurance, facilities, subscriptions or other benefits our company offers.
All employees should read and follow our company policies.
Our company may have to take disciplinary action against employees who repeatedly or intentionally fail to follow our code of conduct. Disciplinary actions will vary depending on the violation.
Possible consequences include:
- Suspension or termination for more serious offenses.
- Detraction of benefits for a definite or indefinite time.
We may take legal action in cases of corruption, theft, embezzlement or other unlawful behaviour.